As a Graphic Design Intern at charity: water, you’ll be responsible for designing print and digital marketing materials. You’ll work in a dynamic environment with videographers, product designers and storytellers to create the best brand experience in the industry.
You're a multitasking machine
You organize your work so you can handle a wide range of projects without overlooking anything.
You work as well with your hands as you do with your head
You can cut, paste, bind, score, fold, trim and tape. You're precise and articulate, whether you're creating mock-ups to show around the office or final products to give our high-level donors.
You communicate well
You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process and are ready to learn from your mistakes.
You have team ethos
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
* A strong visual portfolio displaying a wide variety of print and graphic design work.
* A knowledge and understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign (Basic knowledge of Pages, Keynote, HTML/CSS a plus).
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* A genuine interest and motivation to learn and grow as a designer.
* A passion for designing beautiful and thoughtful experiences.
We're looking for a student or recent graduate to start in early September and commit to being here through the end of the year. We'll need you at least 3 days a week, but we think you'll have so much fun you'll never want to leave. Please only apply if you are located in the New York City area.
This is an unpaid internship - but is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience at an international non-profit with an ambitious mission. We will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience.